We want good writers to win.
We love to read too!
We want writers to win the contest or submit a manuscript to our anthology that will be accepted. Decline notices are not fun and neither is reading a piece of fiction done by an author who very clearly didn’t read the guidelines or throws random submissions in the hope something will be accepted.
In that vein let us offer some advice.
- READ the guidelines.
- The Contest/Anthology is on-theme.
- Submissions not following the guidelines will be deleted without a reply.
- We are readers as well as publishers. NPH created this contest, to read, love and publish original diverse voices. Gives us a fresh 21st century takes on an established mythology.
- Commit to the story, even if we don’t accept it, if it’s good the next publisher you submit it to, very well might.
- Write compelling unique characters.
- Submit a well edited piece.
We can’t guarantee that you, dear writer, will be the winning author, but it’ll greatly improve your odds.
Additional Reading From the Web
- From The Write Practice, 10 Critical Mistakes Writers Make in Writing Contests
- From The Write Practice, How To Win a Writing Contest
- From: Writer’s Relief, 7 Tips That Can Help You Win A Creative Writing Contest