Anthology call, CLOSED, thank you to all the authors who participated
Writing prompts anthology call!
As a new virus rages on land the richest man in the world has invited over five hundred rich and privileged friends, acquaintances, influences and hangers-on to weather the sickness on his private luxury yacht.
But one of them has brought a guest along. You guessed it! The Red Lungs virus. It starts like a cold, becomes a raging fever, then floods the lungs with blood.
What we want:
Snappy short stories with a minimum of 2000 words using our provided writing prompts.
Punch everyone’s virus anxieties, fears; anger at inequality in the nuts with your contribution to this anthology! Use wit, gore, action or inaction, (of course, we always love us some good epistolary fiction) you can even throw some sharks in the mix if you want to.
What we DON’T want:
Torture porn, porn, racism, hate mongering, preachiness, bigotry of any kind, sexism, turgid writing.
What can help you:
Read Masque of the Red Death by Poe
And this helpful Pixar information on io9.Gizmodo.
Deadline: May 20 2020
Publication: July 20th 2020 at the latest
Payment: $20.00 on acceptance, one paperback copy, one digital copy, one audiobook copy.
- Use our provided prompts
- Final submission must be edited
- Rights Exclusive, one year; first worldwide electronic, audio and print rights.
The first page should have:
- Your name and pen name if you use your pen name.
- Contact information: Email, phone
- Title of story: Title of your manuscript 8.5″ × 11″ layout Times New Roman font. Headers: 18 points font size Body of text: 12-point font-size. Double-spaced
Submissions: books at nphzone.com